Sunday, January 9, 2011

Happy Birthday Mummy !

Well, what a day ! It started with Joshua running into our bedroom (early!!) and whispering to Daddy ... then running back out again and returning with a handful of parcels. Hudson was picked up and placed on the bed so all 4 of us were there to open cards & presents. Mummy felt very spoilt indeed by her boys, her family and friends.

But the most special and memorable moment of all was Joshua's poem. From the age of 2, Joshua has given me a poem each birthday; it is something Mummy originally asked for and so far she has 6 in her collection. Up until this year, Daddy has always written a poem on behalf of Josh, or copied some lines from a printed poem. However, this year was different ... Daddy took some lines from a collection of poems and then Joshua wrote the last two lines. What made it even more special was that Josh stood at the end of the bed and read the poem out ...
For all the times you gently picked me up
when I fell down
For all the times you tied my shoes
and tucked me into bed
or needed something
but put me first instead
For everything we share
the dreams, the laughter
and the tears
I love you with a Special Love
that deepens every year
"If I just had one wish, I would wish that Mummy has a ginormous good life - I love you Mummy"
The day was lovely and full of celebration and phone calls ... we took Grandma to the Garden Centre for morning tea, went to a girlfriend's for a birthday brunch, then a 2-hour hike up into the hills to get ready for a birthday dinner at Rosie's. A truly lovely day - thank you everyone!
Joshua running in with all the parcels - all wrapped up in brown paper by Daddy and then artistically drawn on by Josh!
Albeit half asleep, Josh and Daddy sang "Happy Birthday"

Joshua reading out the poem - Mummy felt very emotional

There is no birthday without Huddy joining in - the only time he hops up onto the bed is Christmas and birthdays so even he knows it is a special day


Mummy and her special boy at morning tea


You are my sunflower, you are my tomato - Mummy and Joshua hiding from Daddy at the Garden Centre

Hugs for Mummy at Rosie's house

Oh I am very lucky and I so love my little family

No comments:

Post a Comment