Sunday, June 19, 2011

Sunday Church







Today the Years 1-3 boys and teachers all met at the local Church, together with their parents, for a church service. The Year 3 boys performed a play up on the altar. They were all given a number which they had personally illustrated in keeping with the words which they read out. Joshua was No. 5 which was all about "honouring your father and your mother" and went on to talk about how important family is.


Throughout the service the boys sang various hymns and songs. Josh particularly enjoyed the song "If I were a butterfly" - in fact, all the boys seemed to enjoy it as when they sang this song they really came alive with energy, a few actions and seemed to be having fun.



If I were a butterfly
I'd thank you Lord for giving me wings
If I were a robin in a tree
I'd thank you Lord that I could sing
If I were a fish in the sea
I'd wiggle my tail and I'd giggle with glee
But I just thank you Father for making me ... ME


CHORUS:
For you gave me a heart and you gave me a smile
You gave me Jesus and you made me your child
And I just thank you Father for making me ... ME

If I were an Elephant
I'd thank you Lord for raising my trunk
If I were a kangaroo

You know I'd hop right up to you
If I were an octopus
I'd thank you Lord for my fine looks
But I just thank you Father for making me ... ME

CHORUS

If I were a wiggly worm
I'd thank you Lord that I could squirm
If I were a fuzzy wuzzy bear

I'd thank you Lord for my fuzzy, wuzzy hair
If I were a crocodile
I'd thank you Lord for my great smile
But I just thank you Father for making me ... ME

No comments:

Post a Comment