Thursday, September 15, 2011

Public Speaking Competiton

For the Public Speaking Competition this year all the boys in Year 3 had to choose their own poem, learn it off by heart and say it with emotion and conviction!

I downloaded about 4 poems for Josh to look at and he chose "My Pig won't let me watch TV".

The competition was today and all the boys took turns standing up in front of the Years 1-3 boys and 3 judges. They chose 3 boys to compete in the Final next week. Josh did not get into the finals this year but Mrs Bell says he knew his poem off by heart and delivered it very well indeed. Well done Josh - we know that you do not particularly enjoy Public Speaking but it is just great that you participated so well!

My Pig Won't Let Me Watch TV
- by Ken Nesbitt

My pig won't let me watch TV
Its totally unfair
He watches anything he wants
but doesn't ever share

He sits beside me on the couch
And bosses me around
Changing all the channels
and turning up the sound

I never get to watch cartoons
or anything like that
He's busy watching farming shows
I should have got a cat

I should have got a goldfish
Or a guinea pig, or a goat
Instead .... I've got this pig
Who's always hogging the remote

No comments:

Post a Comment