Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day .... to me

I feel so incredibly lucky today - to be able to celebrate Mother's Day ... as a Mother. I remember the times when I thought that may never be possible. Motherhood is certainly a 24/7 commitment and can be so demanding. But being a Mum is like nothing else and I wouldn't swap it for the world.

Special memories of my day today include ...

  • waking up at 5.15am to feel a little body snuggled up beside me in our bed
  • being woken up by that same little body just before 7am who whispered in my ear "happy mother's day Mummy"
  • opening cards and presents surrounded by Josh, Huddy and of course Daddy who had made it all happen - and dwelling for a long time on Joshua's hand-made card
  • meeting up with Grandma and taking her out to the garden centre for morning tea (oh how lucky we are to still have her with us at 87 years young and although her mobility these days is so limited, she is still such a positive and bright inspiration to be around
  • a long walk in the sun up on the eastern walkway and then fun at the school park with my 3 boys
  • having dinner cooked for me this evening (it may have only been an omelette, but it was made for me and tasted just as good as any gourmet meal!).

Yes, I have so much to be thankful for. Wishing all Mum's, Grandma's, Aunties and others out there a most special day

Yes Huddy, I am your Mummy too !

Tickling my boy

A Mother's Day kiss - now that's a keeper!

No comments:

Post a Comment