Sunday, May 9, 2010

Practising for Cross Country

The Prep School are having their Annual Cross Country race this week. We had found out during the week that Joshua had started to 'walk' it so Mummy hatched a plan to help Josh over this little 'hump'. This afternoon we all went down to the school and asked Josh to show us the track - phew, even Mummy & Daddy were surprised at how long it was ! Albeit a little reluctantly ... Josh, Daddy, Huddy and Mummy all ran the track - however Josh stopped about 4 times (and some of his reasons were very impressive!).

So ..... after everyone had caught their breath, Mummy announced we were doing it a second time. I am not sure who had the biggest look of horror on their face - Daddy or Josh. This time I said I would give the boys a head-start of say 5 minutes and then I would chase them and .... if I tagged them then we had to do it a 3rd time! I will admit that Josh looked horrified but I explained to him that the only way I could catch him and tag him was if he .... stopped (I am sure you follow my plan!).

So we set off .... Josh, Daddy and Huddy in the lead and Mummy waiting approximately 5 minutes. Well Mummy got very close but .... Josh never gave u and he ran the entire way (phew, the plan worked - just as well!)

We were full of praise for Joshua's run - and the best part of all was seeing Joshua very happy with himself. Watch this space for Thursday when the 'real' race will be run !

Running to the finish line - go Josh !!

No comments:

Post a Comment