Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day



Yes, you guessed it ... Mother's Day ! Well mummy was very spoilt. She was woken up this morning with 3 bouncing boys on the bed - yes, Daddy, Josh and even Mr Hudson (alias 4 legs) was lifted up for cuddles. Josh had made me a very special card and he and Huddy gave me a lotto ticket (fingers crossed!), some scratchies (we won $2 and Josh was very excited) and some of Mummy's favourite perfume which was getting very low (observant Daddy!). And then the boys under the guidance of Daddy made Mummy a soft-boiled egg and toast soldiers !
PS for those of you reading this .... and for the record .... no I have not dyed my hair blond (Joshua's wish that we look alike); I do not dress in all the colours of the rainbow and resemble an alien ... and fisherman's' food is not fish & chips, rather my name for spaghetti bolognaise because it was a way to encourage Josh to eat it one evening before going fishing - and the name has stuck !
Tonight we then had Mummy's Mum (grandma) around for a roast dinner and gave her a card and some home-baked heart cookies which Josh helped decorate (uh huh, you should have seen the mess after Joshua had applied the icing and sprinkles but they were done with so much love!).

Joshua has now decided that we should have a "Joshua Day" - we didn't like to remind him that he has a "Joshua Day" about 360 days of the year as it is!

Highlight of the day .... when I had finished reading stories to Josh this evening in bed, he put his arms around my neck and said "Mummy this is a never ending cuddle, I am never going to let you go"

No comments:

Post a Comment