Thursday, May 21, 2009

Proud Godmother

Tonight Mummy went to join Jaime and her family & friends to celebrate her graduation. When Jaime was 13 years old, she asked me to be her godmother on the basis that although she already 'had one' that person had been chosen by her Mum and she felt she wanted to choose - suffice to say I was very touched and have embraced the role willingly ever since - Jaime is a gorgeous girl and we are all very proud of her.
Well, the capping ceremony had taken place earlier in the day. Jaime has a BCA majoring in media, marketing and law and is about to head off to Los Angeles, Vegas, New York and then the UK for her OE before coming back to open a door to the world of business back here in NZ. There were many speeches, but one line that stood out to me was her Dad who said "when I held Jaime in my arms as a little baby I felt proud, but today I feel so VERY proud". How the years pass .... I wonder and sometimes ponder ... what will Josh choose to do with his life ?

Jaime and her dad Maarten

No comments:

Post a Comment